A short while ago I introduced you my August Feature Blogger Zayaan from Surviving The Madness.
Now as you know a feature is not a feature without an interview and getting to know the woman behind the blog. So without further ado, here goes. (Before I start thinking this blog is about me :D)
- 1. How did you know the right time to start your blog? Do you think there is a right time to start?
I don’t think it was a right time, but rather the right reason. I started my blog when Rushdi was 4 months old and I went back to work. Those first four months at home with him I was stuck in a newborn baby bubble and had no time to think of recording it all mostly because I don’t think I had a coherent thought in that time.
But when the fog cleared I decided that I wanted a way to record my son’s life without having to fill out one of those baby books – because I am crap at that! We also have family overseas that are missing out on him growing up, so it was a good way to keep them up to date.
2. Please give us a fun fact about the woman behind the blog?
I’m a Hufflepuff.
3. What has been your greatest achievement in life?
As a mother the standard answer is supposed to be my child, isn’t it? But I can’t take full responsibility for that one. I think my greatest achievement was getting a degree from UCT in something that I’m passionate about that I am able to actually make a living off.
4. It’s more common for family units to have a stay at home mom. How would you explain your family dynamic of having your husband be a stay at home dad?
It’s pretty normal for us. It’s probably been better for Rushdi to have his dad home because he’s the one with the car, so they go out to the park or other fun activities. He’s a very brave and inquisitive boy and I think a lot of it has to do with his dad being home with him.
5. What do you enjoy most about your day job?
That people pay me money to write words. How crazy is that?!
6. What is your superpower in business?
Ooh, I am not business savvy. I leave that to the clever people.
7. If you could invent something that would make life easier for people, what would you invent?
Portals for teleportation so that I never have to sit in traffic or take a train again.
8. What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
Buy a GHD.
9. What was the last thing you geeked-out about?
This T-shirt from Nathan Fillion that I want desperately.
10. Please complete the sentence. “That one time…”
…on “Angel” when Cordelia slept with Angel’s son and gave birth to Gina Torres. That was a bad time for TV.
If you’re kinda wondering what a Hufflepuff is click here to read it explained by Zayaan herself.